How to link Knowledge base articles related to a specific Customer within the "Customer" Space page?

Rick Soper September 24, 2018

Support,

I have created a "Knowledge Base" Space and have added a few articles. I have added a "wsp" label to specific articles.

I have created a "Customer" Space where I have added a page per Customer that contains their contact information. I have added a "wsp" label to a specific customer page.

Question:

How do I provide a link (leveraging the "wsp" label) between the Customer's page and the Knowledge Base articles that relate to the customer?

1) It would be great if the Knowledge Base article's titles appeared as a clickable list at the bottom of the Customer's page.

2) It would be great if the Customer's name appeared as a clickable link at the bottom of the Knowledge Base pages related to the customer.

Thank you in advance for your assistance with this,

Rick

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2018

Hi Rick,

You can use the Content by Label macro on the bottom of each page, specifying the proper label. This will then show all pages that contain that label.

Have a read through that article and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Rick Soper September 26, 2018

Shannon,

Thank you. This is a great option and gets me very close.
The only remaining issue is: The page I put the control on is included in its own list. 
How can I filter out the "Current page" from the Label Macro list?

Thank you,
Rick

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2018

Hi Rick,

There's a feature request for that below:

You can vote on it and comment with your usage case and findings for better clarity on the issue.

Stephen Deutsch has come up with a workaround in the following thread.

...I did make a workaround until it can be implemented. I included a workaround in the ticket which I will duplicate here. If you include this in your Custom HTML (make sure you copy everything):

<script> $(function() { $('.content-by-label > li > div > a').filter(function() { return $(this).attr('href') === contextPath + '/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=' + AJS.params.pageId || $(this).attr('href') === contextPath + '/display/' + AJS.params.spaceKey + '/' + AJS.params.pageTitle.split(' ').join('+') }).parent().parent().hide().parent().next().filter('div').hide(); }); </script>

Then it will hide the current page from the results of the Content by Label macro. It's not perfect, but it should help.

This will likely just work for Confluence Server, since custom HTML isn't permitted in Cloud. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events