Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to label/hashtag a content and display it on a new page?

Jaroslaw April 26, 2016

Is it possible to label/hashtag a content from a different pages and then list all the content labeled with a specific key on a new page?

For example I have a page 'MoMs' and within this page I have a child pages named by a dates of meetings. I would like to label a topics  and then list all content matching my criteria on a new page. It will help me to avoid opening each page and looking how the topic evolved.

Thanks

3 answers

0 votes
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2016

The (commercial) projectdoc Toolbox can produce the results, but prior to version 1.11 (which is about to be released) there is some manual work.

Just to be sure that I understand your use case right. Every report is on each own page and shows a list of attendees that need to be rendered on a dashboard page

This is one of the report pages created with projectdoc:

report-doc.png

And this is the projectdoc solution of the dashboard with the information from two report pages:

dashboard.png

Note: the blue boxes with the edit icon are just for users with edit rights and point to the documents whose content is transcluded; they can be turned off.

There is no natural support for attendee lists, but if it is okay to consider each attendee as a property of the report document, this is the pre-version-1.11 approach:

1. Use the Document Properties Marker Macro and add properties for each attendee. Note that you have to mix ordinary page properties (such as short description and sort key) with the names of attendees.
  2. To list the attendees as shown in the report page (first screenshot) you need to use the Display Table Macro and select the attendees to show.
  3. Use the Transclude Documents Marco to specify a query and render the hits as shown above in the screenshot of the dashboard.

With version 1.11 of the projectdoc Toolbox you may specify the attendees in a separate table. The entries of the table are still properties, but they can be grouped semantically.

More on the topic (for version 1.11) can be found at Document Properties as Data. There you'll find more information on the limitations of prior versions for this use case.

As far as I understand your use case, the projectdoc Toolbox provides (with version 1.10 and below) only a workaround. But it may be helpful if no other tools meet your requirements exactly.

If you have further questions (I do not want to get too much into detail here, since it may not be a valid solution for your requirements), please do not hesitate to get in touch!

Biased alert: I'm one of the authors of the projectdoc Toolbox.

Jaroslaw May 3, 2016

Thank you for the information. It sounds like what I'm looking for. I will check it.

Thanks

Jaroslaw

0 votes
Jaroslaw April 27, 2016

Unfortunately not. It displays only a link to the page so I have to click and visit the site directly to see the content...

I will show on the pictures what I'm expecting for.

I have a MoMs from two meetings and I'm interested in content which relate to "dashboard for executives" - marked by red color

Capture1.JPG

Then I want to dispaly this content on a new page. Just like this

Capture2.JPG

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2016

The Content By Label macro should work fine.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events