How to keep track of a curator for each page?

Ralph Poellath July 20, 2012

We'd like to assign each Confluence page a user who's responsible for keeping the page up to date (a.k.a. "curator") and display that user's name somewhere on the page.

We could of course do this manually, but we'd prefer a smarter solution, e.g.

• If no curator is assigned to the current page, display that parent page's curator (recursively).
  • Whenever a page is created, automatically assign the creator as the curator (must be able to change later).
  • Display the curator in a non-intrusive place, e.g. along with creator and last editor below the title.

I assume this is possible using a combination of metadata, templates, scripting and velocity template modifications.

Does anyone have a solution or concrete idea on how to implement this?

Update: We're looking for a free solution without commercial plugins.

2 answers

1 vote
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2013

Hi,

Unfortunately there's no free solution I could think of for this. Ad hoc workflows plugin is a paid method to accomplish something similar, that's the closest I can recommend, sorry to say there's no other way known to me yet.

Kind regards,

Peter

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2014

Albeit you look for free solution, I wanted to mention that the Archiving Plugin automates the process of keeping your pages relevant and valid, and it also supports the notion of supervisors (which is a synonym to "curators" in this sense).

Supervisors are space-scoped, at the moment, but there is a public feature request to support "page owners" (per page and per page tree). Please vote on that if that'd solve your use case: https://midori.zendesk.com/entries/80451947-Custom-page-owners

Check out the plugin documentation to see if it fits you 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events