How to keep navigation within MS Teams when clicking on Confluence links?

Chandler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 8, 2023

I want to create a Knowledge Base for our MS Team and I thought Confluence would be the best, but am having this annoying issue.  I think I successfully linked our Team with my Confluence account and I can add a tab showing the home page of our Knowledge Base.  The problem is that as soon as I try to open any Knowledge Base article, it gets opened in my web browser instead of staying within Teams, asking me to login and so on, which is not what I want team members to have to be doing.  Why is this happening?  How to fix it so navigating within the Knowledge Base stays inside MS Teams?

Thanks

Update: Same thing happens in the MS Teams Android app... is this a Confluence issue or MS Teams issue?

2 answers

1 vote
Alexander Siedler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 19, 2024

I had the same issue and I just inserted the confluence page with the app "Website" inside of the teams and via this the user stays inside of the teams app when someone clicks on a link.

Not the perfect solution but a workaround until maybe the confluence cloud app has improved.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2023

@Chandler Welcome to the Atlassian community

I think that the MS Teams integration only allows you to view the page in MS teams.  Any links will take you to the application.  I believe that is how it is setup to work.  You can read more about the functionality here: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/use-microsoft-teams-and-confluence-together/ 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events