Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep navigation within MS Teams when clicking on Confluence links?

Chandler August 8, 2023

I want to create a Knowledge Base for our MS Team and I thought Confluence would be the best, but am having this annoying issue.  I think I successfully linked our Team with my Confluence account and I can add a tab showing the home page of our Knowledge Base.  The problem is that as soon as I try to open any Knowledge Base article, it gets opened in my web browser instead of staying within Teams, asking me to login and so on, which is not what I want team members to have to be doing.  Why is this happening?  How to fix it so navigating within the Knowledge Base stays inside MS Teams?

Thanks

Update: Same thing happens in the MS Teams Android app... is this a Confluence issue or MS Teams issue?

2 answers

1 vote
Alexander Siedler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 19, 2024

I had the same issue and I just inserted the confluence page with the app "Website" inside of the teams and via this the user stays inside of the teams app when someone clicks on a link.

Not the perfect solution but a workaround until maybe the confluence cloud app has improved.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2023

@Chandler Welcome to the Atlassian community

I think that the MS Teams integration only allows you to view the page in MS teams.  Any links will take you to the application.  I believe that is how it is setup to work.  You can read more about the functionality here: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/use-microsoft-teams-and-confluence-together/ 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events