How to keep Editor tool bar from disapearing

Igor Polishchuk February 18, 2021

When I scroll down on the Editor page, the tool bar on the top disappears, and now I need to scroll all the way up to see it again. Seems like a nasty UI bug to me. Any way I can fix the tool bar on the top of the Editor page? I'm using the classical editor.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

@Igor Polishchuk 

It should stick at the top and scroll down the page with you.  What browser are you using?  Have you tried a different browser or clearing your cache?  It could also be caused by a browser plugin.

Brant, thank you for your comment.
I'm using Firefox 85.0.1 and would like to keep using it. After all, it is not IE 4.0.  What browser plugin we are talking about here? Any random one?
I've tried cleaning the cache, it did not help.
Looks like a bug to me.
The tool bar  sticks to the top through initial scrolled pages. Now, I'm scrolling through a large document to the bottom. Because it is large and takes time, I may reach the bottom, and perhaps the mouse still sends a few scrolling commands at the bottom. At this moment the tool bar disappears. Now, I need to scroll all the way to the top to see the bar again. Pretty frustrating. I might try to stick to the Google Docs.

Like jriley-es likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

@Igor Polishchuk 

Just tested in Firefox with an extremely large page and am not having the same issue.  Can you please try something like chrome to confirm that it is the page or the browser.  

The same thing happens on Chrome.
I've actually found for myself a workaround that mostly works. I just added many empty lines to the bottom of my page, so I don't accidentally over-scroll beyond the last line. 

What may be potentially wrong with my pager, I have this seemingly unrelated warning from Atlassian at the bottom. Perhaps, it might break the UI. Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 16.19.54.png

Yes, the tool bar begins to disappear when the up-sell message begins to appear from the bottom as I scroll.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2021

I bet that is it as I do not have that.  I would submit an issue to support or upgrade your google analytics.

Thorsten Schöning December 8, 2023

It should stick at the top and scroll down the page with you.

It doesn't in Firefox or Chrome and surely has nothing to do with cache-voodoo. Whenever I start to scroll down, the editor tool bar disappears instantly regardless how much I scrolled down and when a start to scroll up again, depending on where the mouse is and other things it might re-appear. The problem is that it's not reliable! Sometimes scrolling up a little is suffiecient already, sometimes not.

To me it looks like how it works currently is as designed: Whenever one scrolls down, the editor bar should disappear. BUT it most likely should reappear whenever one moves the mouse to the top again where the hidden editor bar was placed before. And that is what's not working reliable and is VERY annoying!

So is there any way to disable that behaviour? Otherwise this should simply be fixed and the checked space to be shown again increased or something like that. I really can't stress how much I hate the current behaviour and how much it annoys me to edit sites in Confluence.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events