How to join 2 tables?

Chetan Belur January 22, 2021

I have 2 tables that I want to join. 1st table is a user created table form the source editor which is always static and the 2nd table is output from the table csv macro. 1st table is just header rows for the 2nd table. I want 1st table to sit on top of 2nd table. 1st is static and has merged cells in them. Because I can't merge cells in the table from csv table macro, I created one static table containing only header rows and have merged cells. Now I want to join these. Literally 1st table should be on top of 2nd table. I have no clue about sql at all. I looked into table transformer macro. On googling about them for 2 hours, I don't think sql insert or join helps me achieve this. If it does please let me know, how I can do this. Thank you!

1 answer

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

Hi @Chetan Belur ,

Unfortunately, you won't be able to implement the case. Due to the limitations of Confluence editor, the Table Transformer macro transforms multi-level headings to one-level headings so that to accomplish further operations with columns.

Hi Katerina, thanks for the response. So the next question would be, is there a way to merge cells on a table that is output from the csv table macro? or is there any way to create tables that has merged cells? I cannot do merge cells manually in the source editor because I'm uploading data to the page through scripts

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

Sorry, couldn't come with any ideas. 

Our Table Transformer allows to split one column into two (for example, if you need to divide task name and its description) and you'll be able to merge several columns into one (not specific cells but the whole columns of a native Confluence table or created with the Table from CSV macro):

Fri-1-1.pngBut you'll be able to merge the whole columns, not the specific cells and not in headings.

Ok, thanks for this info. Looks like a basic thing such as merging cells automatically through scripts or through table macros is not possible. Wish there was some way

Like Megan Fox likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events