How to integrate clickable SVG in Confluence

Marc Veser June 22, 2017

Hi, 

I want to use a SVG file as navigation map with multiple links to other confluence pages. I've integrate the SVG file by typing '!' and then selected the attachment (thanks to the tipps here in the community). Unfortunately the links in the SVG file don't work any more. When clicking on the SVG the preview is opened and here again the links don't work. 

I also had the idea to link to the attachment address directly to prevent the preview mode. Unfortunately this automatically downloads the SVG file and a local copy is then displayed. 

How can I display the SVG with working links without downloading it and without using additional plugins which I'm not allowed to install/use?

Any help is highly welcome,

Marc

2 answers

0 votes
mantibi January 8, 2021

I have exactly the same issue as Marc. I need the image SVG links to work, either in the page read mode, or by previewing the image.

Any news about this issue, and possible ways to solve?

Andreas Purde
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2021

Dear @mantibi ,

in case you are allowed to install apps you can use SVG Out.

Kind regards

Andreas

mantibi January 8, 2021

Hello Andreas, thanks for your answer.

I am not Confluence admin, but I will try to ask the one of my company.

0 votes
Andreas Purde
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2017

Dear Marc,

there are two options under the conditions you mentioned which I'm aware of:

• Use the HTML macro and embed the SVG there. The HTML macro comes with Confluence but is deactivated per default. You need your admin to activate it.
  • Write your own user macro in Confluence. A couple of lines are sufficient. However you also need an admin to "install" a user macro in your instance.

Andreas

Marc Veser June 27, 2017

Hi Andreas,

thank you for your answer. Unfortunately both options seem to not work for me because we are not allowed to install user macros or activate the HTML macro. Is there another option?

Regards,

Marc

Like mantibi likes this
Andreas Purde
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 27, 2017

Dear Marc,

are you allowed to specify Custom HTML in your Confluence configuration?

The option I'm thinking of: if you add a script as Custom HTML which loops through the images on a page, checks whether they are a SVG and changes the img-tag to embed-tag... could be worth a try.

Andreas

Marc Veser June 27, 2017

Hi Andreas,

I've only space admin permissions. I couldn't find a place where to check if I'm allowed to specify Custom HTML. Do you know how I could check this? 

Marc

Andreas Purde
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 27, 2017

This is on Confluence level not Space level. Sorry.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events