How to integrate clickable SVG in Confluence

Hi, 

I want to use a SVG file as navigation map with multiple links to other confluence pages. I've integrate the SVG file by typing '!' and then selected the attachment (thanks to the tipps here in the community). Unfortunately the links in the SVG file don't work any more. When clicking on the SVG the preview is opened and here again the links don't work. 

I also had the idea to link to the attachment address directly to prevent the preview mode. Unfortunately this automatically downloads the SVG file and a local copy is then displayed. 

How can I display the SVG with working links without downloading it and without using additional plugins which I'm not allowed to install/use?

Any help is highly welcome,

Marc

1 answer

Dear Marc,

there are two options under the conditions you mentioned which I'm aware of:

• Use the HTML macro and embed the SVG there. The HTML macro comes with Confluence but is deactivated per default. You need your admin to activate it.
  • Write your own user macro in Confluence. A couple of lines are sufficient. However you also need an admin to "install" a user macro in your instance.

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

thank you for your answer. Unfortunately both options seem to not work for me because we are not allowed to install user macros or activate the HTML macro. Is there another option?

Regards,

Marc

Dear Marc,

are you allowed to specify Custom HTML in your Confluence configuration?

The option I'm thinking of: if you add a script as Custom HTML which loops through the images on a page, checks whether they are a SVG and changes the img-tag to embed-tag... could be worth a try.

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

I've only space admin permissions. I couldn't find a place where to check if I'm allowed to specify Custom HTML. Do you know how I could check this? 

Marc

This is on Confluence level not Space level. Sorry.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,788 views 26 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you