cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate Confluence Local Users into Jira

Christian Barchfeld February 5, 2020

Hi,

i am new to the atlassian universe..

We are currently testing the software confluence, jira and bitbucket. I installed confluence first and set it all up for the users (added about 50 Users and got the groups right) . Then i installed bitbucket and jira. bitbucket asked for user integration from jira, so i installed jira first of both.

I set up a admin user in jira and added the application confluence and also the user directory in confluence from jira. The synchronisation seems to work. But the users from the local confluence database were not synchronised or set up in jira user database.

is there any way to get the confluence users to the jira installation, or is the only way to use a LDAP or delete them in confluence and set them up in jira?

I hope someone can give me a hint or a solution for my problem.

kind regards

Christian

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 5, 2020

Hi Christian Barchfeld,

Sadly, Confluence cannot be use as a User Directory for other applications. The only tool you can use for that purpose is Jira. So you have a few options here to centralize your user:

1.- Centralize User Management on Jira and use this tool as a User Directory in other applications (Confluence, Bitbucket, Bambo, ...)
2.- Connet al your application to your corporate LDAP and either centralize group memberships there or localy in each application

3.- Use Atlassian Crowd for User Management and to achieve SSO (Single Sign On), and use this tool as a User Directory in other applications (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bambo, ...)

Further Information:

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events