It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to insert image in header for exporting to PDF Edited

I need to insert a logo into the header of the exported PDF. I'm putting html code in PDF Layout according to the instructions on Advanced PDF Export Customizations, but the exported PDF is not responding to the changes. Only PDF stylesheet responds to changes I made.

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi @Helen Xu,

The instructions in the link you provided state that the "src attribute" of the image must be added in the PDF Layout as well as PDF Stylesheet (instructions Step 3) to view the expected output.

I have used this feature in the past. Once you add the image link in your header or footer syntax as 'background-image' in the stylesheet, you should be able to view the image in the exported output.

Hope this is what you were looking for!

Thanks

Sireesha

Hi @Sireesha Dugginapeddi [Appfire],

Thanks for the reply!

I have added the following to the Stylesheet but it's still not working. Any help would be appreciated.

@page {
@top-center {
content: "Blah Blah.";
font-family: ConfluenceInstalledFont, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 8pt;
background-image: url("https://confluence.atlassian.com/download/attachments/12346/header-image.png");
}

Thanks!

Helen

Hi @Helen Xu,

For background-image url, use the path from /download/attachments/12346/header-image.png and not https://confluence.atlassian.com/download/attachments/12346/header-image.png.

Also, as explained in the article, copy the image location from the Confluence page it is attached to and use the URL as mentioned earlier (from /download/attachments.....)

Hope this works out!

Thanks

Sireesha

@Sireesha Dugginapeddi [Appfire]

Thanks for the clarification! Now I have the logo appear in the header.

I'm noticing whatever I do in pdf layout, the export is not responding to it. It's only using the stylesheet... I even deleted the whole html code and the header words in pdf layout, the export still shows everything on.... So I just edited the css code to include positioning etc.

Thanks again!

Helen

HI,

I am not sure about the location or file path of the image?

Any help would be appreciated

HI  Helen, could you help me with this!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

227 views 3 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you