Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to insert image from attachments?

In the old editor I was able to insert another instance of an attachment I'd previously added to a page. I can't find any way to do this in the new editor - it always triggers the "file open" dialogue box straight away.

This is cumbersome as I have to redownload the image from the attachments, insert and then delete it again.

Does it compare hashes of the files to ensure it only ever stores the data once, or something?

2 answers

0 votes

Hello @Adam Badura,

Thanks for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

There are some details about this change in the article below posted by our product manager Owen.

Feel free to add your feedback on the article so Owen will be notified. 

Checking the feature that I shared previously, someone linked to another ticket and, this issue is considered as a Bug and not a Feature. Both are still valid and I linked both so our developers can be aware.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Hi @Angélica Luz 

Thanks for your response, i've commented and voted on a bunch of tickets regarding the issue already and i don't really see the point to add any more feedback.

Now it's Atlassian's turn to finally stop delaying and bring back the feature that was removed.

Thanks anyway.

Best regards,

Adam

0 votes

Hello @Andrew McDonald,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

With the recent changes in Confluence, the ability to insert attachments that were previously attached was removed.

For now, it’s only possible to insert files directly from your own machine. 

For more details, please check the ticket and the article below:

There is a feature request suggesting improvements for that:

Please, click on vote and also watch to receive future updates from our product team.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Thanks @Angélica Luz . Very disappointing to learn the functionality has simply been stripped out. Those tickets date back years - how long and how many upvotes before the feature is reimplemented?

Like # people like this

Hi Andrew,

It will depend on other factors, not only votes and we don’t have an ETA of when a feature will be implemented.

For more details, please check our policy below:

@Angélica Luz Could you please shed some light on the reason why was this removed? I am struggling with editing a page with large numer of attachments and this is really annoying.

I really cannot think of a reason why this was changed.

Very disappointing.

Oh, I don't really think it is a New feature - it was there for years and was removed.

Having stumbled upon this and https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-65302 while working for a client - i'm thinking that i don't want my organization to ever migrate to the cloud version.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

179 views 1 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you