Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to insert image from attachments?

In the old editor I was able to insert another instance of an attachment I'd previously added to a page. I can't find any way to do this in the new editor - it always triggers the "file open" dialogue box straight away.

This is cumbersome as I have to redownload the image from the attachments, insert and then delete it again.

Does it compare hashes of the files to ensure it only ever stores the data once, or something?

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @Andrew McDonald,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

With the recent changes in Confluence, the ability to insert attachments that were previously attached was removed.

For now, it’s only possible to insert files directly from your own machine. 

For more details, please check the ticket and the article below:

There is a feature request suggesting improvements for that:

Please, click on vote and also watch to receive future updates from our product team.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Thanks @Angélica Luz . Very disappointing to learn the functionality has simply been stripped out. Those tickets date back years - how long and how many upvotes before the feature is reimplemented?

Like Kevin likes this

Hi Andrew,

It will depend on other factors, not only votes and we don’t have an ETA of when a feature will be implemented.

For more details, please check our policy below:

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

🏑 Atlympic Event: Confluence

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

459 views 18 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you