How to insert an fully functional iframe into Confluence page in edit mode?

Sergei Borodin February 24, 2020

Dear Atlassian Community,

could I please ask a question about Confluence (cloud)?

I would like to know is it possible to insert an iframe into Confluence page such way that this iframe would be fully operational and clickable in edit mode of the page? I made an experiment with HTML macro. And I've found that it's impossible to click on something inside of the iframe (for example it's impossible to click on the link inside rendered iframe) inside of HTML macro in edit mode of the page. It only shows content (for example, some 3rd party website) but anything inside of it couldn't be clicked.

Sincerely,

Alexandr

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2020

Hello @Sergei Borodin !

As I understand, you need to have an iFrame that is fully operational within the editor even while in edit mode. I can start my answer by saying that this is not possible.

When editing a page, what we see in the place of a macro is its placeholder. Here is an excerpt from our documentation:

Macro Placeholders

Macro placeholders are displayed in the editor where you have added a macro to the page. When editing a page, you can:

• Double-click a macro placeholder (or click the placeholder and choose Edit) to open the macro dialog window and edit the macro's parameters
  • Select a macro placeholder to cut, copy and paste the macro

We can think of them as “not running” when they are in edit mode. When we publish the page, they “start to run” after the procedure has finished (page publish).

You can check more details about macros here:

I hope this clears your questions! Let us hear from you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events