How to insert Jira issue/filter in "Total Issue Count" format with ONLY Number (without Issues text)

Shailesh Vastrad
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 26, 2020

I am trying to use Chart Macro with the table of content generated using Jira Issue/Filter macro with "Total Issue Count" display option. I can see the Chart Preview correct, but when the page is previewed/published, it does not show any graph.

The issue seems the Preview/Published page is not able to generate the chart for "x issues" cell values.

Can you please let me know if this is chart issue and is there any way to show the Total Issue Count in the table, with only number (without Issue text)?

2020-08-27_10-13-15.png

1 answer

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2020

Hi @Shailesh Vastrad ,

The standard Chart macro doesn't work with dynamic macros such as the Jira Issues macro.

Try to use the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app for your case. Let me show you two options:

• based on your manually created table and multiple Jira issues macros
  • based on pivot table and only one Jira Issues macro

Option 1

1. Wrap your table in the Table Toolbox macro and make the following hierarchy: table -> Table Transformer -> Chart from Table macro.

Vast 1.png

2. Go to the Table Transformer settings, choose the Custom SQL and enter your query to cut out the "issues" word: SELECT T1.'Assignee', T1.'April 2020' ->split("issues")->0 AS 'April 2020', T1.'May 2020' ->split("issues")->0 AS 'May 2020', T1.'June 2020' ->split("issues")->0 AS 'June 2020' FROM T*

This step is optional: you'll get the required chart without any cutting. But I've seen such request in your original post and decided to show this moment - your result table will look more compact and neat.

Vast 2.pngVast 3.png3. Go to the Chart from Table macro settings, choose the Horizontal table orientation in the Adjustments tab, and create your time line.

Vast 4.pngIf you publish the page, your chart will be still here.

Vast 5.png

Option 2

1. Wrap your Jira Issues macro in the Table Toolbox macro and make the following hierarchy: Jira Issues -> Pivot from Table -> Table Filter (optionally) -> Chart from Table macro.

Vastrad 1.png

2. Create your pivot: aggregate created issues by month. The required settings and the preview are shown on the screenshots below.

Vastrad 2.pngVastrad 3.png

Here we show the simplest example, but you'll be able to create different pivots based on assignees, issue types, etc.

3. As we have a lot of old issues for the project, we filter them so that to show only 2020 (you can skip this step, it's optional).

Vastrad 4.png4. Now you can easily create your timeline.

Vastrad 5.pngAnd here is a screenshot of the published page - our chart is still there.

Vastrad 6.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events