How to include the parent page (along with it's ancestors) in the decision report macro?

Brian M_ Smith January 11, 2022

I am trying to use the decisions report macro to show decisions for a parent page and its ancestors.  Ancestors only includes the ancestors but not the parent page itself in the results.  Can someone help me understand how to edit the decision report to do this?   

Using the example structure below, I want to include decision on Team Rockets page and all of Team Rockets ancestors.

Space A"

(Many Pages I don't care about)

Team Rockets

-  Team Rockets Decision Page

- Team Rockets other subpages

Thank you in advance.  

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brian M_ Smith January 13, 2022

For those that have the same question, this is how I worked around the issue.

I added two decision report macros:

1. One that showed only the parent page.

2. One that showed all of its ancestors.   

Hopefully, that helps others.   Too bad the CQL logic can't support doing both Parent Page and Ancestors).   

1 vote
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2022

Hi @Brian M_ Smith 

Welcome to the Community!!

You have a filter that can include "with ancestors", have that in place

AN1.png

Using labels would restrict the pages which you want to show

For all the filters please find the ref below

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-decision-report-macro/

Thanks,
Pramodh

Yes, I am using "With Ancestors" as shown and that is not including the parent page.   

Are you suggesting that I should not be using the "With Ancestors" and switch to using labels?

If I add a label "Training" to the Parent page (e.g. Team Rockets) and add Label as the only decisions macro parameter, it just shows that page.   If I add "with ancestors" in addition the label, I get no results.  I have a lot of subpages, and they all change, I don't want to have to label them all.

Like Jono Stiansen likes this
Jono Stiansen February 18, 2023

I second this, why can't we do raw CQL here? @Pramodh M can we do use CQL directly? It's referenced in the docs but this UI doesn't allow for it, and I'm not sure how we can get anything else. I.e. I'd like to have access to `and` or `or` within the UI or have access to CQL directly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events