How to include panel headers inside table of content macro

apolinati June 13, 2022

Hi Team,

How can I ensure that the table of contents macro includes the panel headers while creating the table?

Best Regards,

Ashish

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kate Secor February 3, 2024

Here's my workaround:

Put the name of the panel into the panel as the appropriate level of header -- and then turn the text the same color as your panel background. (This is easiest to do if the background is white.)

It's still a bit annoying, but it's easier than manually rebuilding the TOC with anchors and whatnot.

apolinati February 4, 2024

Hi @Kate Secor ... Thank you for your inputs. Indeed its a workaround which does the job, but hopefully confluence can make it available as a feature

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2022

Hi @apolinati Welcome to Community,

The table of contents macro identifies text that has a header level, and you can specify if you only want certain Headers included, or maybe all.

If the text in your panel headers isn't getting picked up, check that you have applied a Header to it.

apolinati June 23, 2022

Thank you @Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_ for your reply. I intended to say "Panel Title", which appears at the top of the Panel.

There is no Header type support to this text as I can see for Panel title text.

Is it possible to assign Header to Panel titles? If so, can you explain how?

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2022

Looks like it indeed is not possible to pick up the panel title. A workaround would be to repeat the title inside the panel and apply a header, or to create a new zone (section break) on the page and put a horizontal line above and below the section.

apolinati June 24, 2022

Yup, this is the workaround I have been using, but somehow feel that many people would be interested in having the panel title directly. Maybe something for the confluence backlog items :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events