How to include dynamic content in Include Macro

Stefan Mueller November 14, 2019

It looks like that the Include Macro show only the static contect of the source page.

Any change of a workaround?

I tried the Query load() Method in the HTML Macro but that doesn't work either. Are there any other (Javascript based) methods to make it work?

I noticed that as I wanted to include the output(overview of  free version of Smart Questions and Answers plugin in the root page of our knowlaedge sharing portal.

1 answer

0 votes
Andreas Purde
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2019

Dear Stefan,

currently Smart Questions and Answers does not support being shown inside an include macro. Background: the JavaScript part simply does not know that it is included and looks for questions at the wrong place.

Kind regards

Andreas

Stefan Mueller November 15, 2019

I was afraid that this is the reason. 

I'm just wondering if that could be resolved by the jQuery load() Method. I was able to load the full page when previewing the code but as soon as I save the page, the macro is empty. 

Moreover, I would need to sandbox it, as scrips of the loaded page are triggered, what changes the sidebar. I tried it with an iframe unsuccessfully.

Could XMLHttpRequest solve it?

Idea ist to load the page with the plugin fully in the background but include only the plugin's output:

<div class="conf-macro output-block" data-hasbody="false" data-macro-name="simple-qa-overview">

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events