How to import xml input file to confluence page

arvind.chaturvedi October 3, 2022

Hello Team, We are looking to find a solution which can help in phasing out the old wiki portal that was built on mediawiki (opensource).

It has a number of documents, pages available and possible to download in xml format. 
In confluence I don't see any option where we can upload xml based input files.

Here we are looking for a solution which can either help in uploading those xml pages or first convert them into supported format in confluence and then to upload it.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2022

@arvind.chaturvedi unfortunately i have not found any way to import .xml from external systems into a Confluence instance. The only solution I have found and used is importing Word documents

I have not used the tool, but Appfire, a Platinum Marketplace partner, has an app (HTML for Confluence) that can be used to convert xml files into readable content on a Confluence page. This may not help with a mass export-import, but on a page-by-page basis may be a good tool. 

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2022

@arvind.chaturvedi if my answer helped you, please consider marking it by clicking the Accept answer button so that others may find it.

Like arvind.chaturvedi likes this
arvind.chaturvedi October 7, 2022

@Andy Gladstone Thanks for the details and sorry to hear that there is no standard approach. we have more then 500 pages and they all has to be transferred to Confluence. HTML for Confluence can help to convert all xml files in one go ? or will have to convert one by one ? 

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2022

@arvind.chaturvedi I have not used the tool, so I cannot state for sure. You should reach out to Appfire. They have an amazing Sales & Support Team. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/vendors/1221170/appfire

Good luck!

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2022

@arvind.chaturvedi checking in to see if you have been helped or made progress with this. Let me know!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events