How to implement document review procedure in Confluence

Hello Experts, 

I am looking into implementing document review procedure in confluence

Can you please share ideas with me? How are you doing it in your companies?

Thanks

Naama

5 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

You can do it simply with labels. Add a label "needs_review," "review_marketing," "review_jimmy_johnson (or whatever works for you) then list pages with that label on a To Be Reviewed page.

Hi Naanma,

Have a look at the Comala Workflows add-on. It provides the functionality to have a process on each page.

Regards,
Stephan

Is there a cost associated with the Comala Workflows? 

Prices are in the above link.

Hi, 

Thanks for that - I was hoping to implement the document review procedure with our spending money...

Thanks

Naama

Does it have to be in Confluence? Could you do it in JIRA as part of the dev/QA process?

If not, you could do it using the Task and @mentions functionality.

You could create a page for each doc, set up the tasks and who has to do them, with dates as well. Each person could add a comment to their task saying they'd completed it, and then use @mentions to tell the next person in the process that they have something to do.

Just repeat that until the docs review procedure has finished and the doc can be published.

Cheers.

Review procedure can mean different things, but:

1. If you want to use custom review workflows, approvals, etc. on pages: Comala Workflows Plugin
  2. If you want automatic tracking, reminders and reporting to help your reviews with little efforts: Archiving Plugin

Hi Ferenc, 

Thanks for your suggestion and we are already using Comala for reviewing purposes.

We using a CQL query to list (outdated) pages that need maintenance or revisal.

My client now has an additional request on the same subject, but a different level. This question is not only to you but the community in general. We are using Confluence as a Knowledge Base.

When using the Review process, how would we be able to only make the Approved pages visible to the wider community of users? I have thought of using a filter in some way, to let only pages with the attribute set to "Approved" be visible to all users but I haven't yet been able to find the right solution.

Process Owners or Subject Matter Experts need to validate and approve the KB articles that have been put in first, before they can be shared with the rest of the team.

Bear in mind the thought of trust in the organisation and encouraging people to share without any limitations has crossed my mind but my client isn't yet to the point of confidence to do that.

Any thoughts?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

406 views 4 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you