How to hide the "Created By/Edited By" byline at the top of a page.

Eric Riddle July 11, 2012

Is it possible to hide the "Page created by <user> and last edited by <user>" byline at the top of the page?

We've already created several scripts to hide other parts of the interface from anonymous users (thanks to this forum). But I haven't been able to find one for the byline at the top.

For example, here's the one we're using to hide the Browse menu. What's the equivalent for the byline (if possible)?

&lt;script&gt;
if (AJS.$('#login-link').is(":visible")) {
    AJS.$('#browse-menu-link').parent().hide();
}
&lt;/script&gt;

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2012

Try something like this:

&lt;script&gt;
AJS.toInit(function() {
AJS.$('.page-metadata').hide();
});
&lt;/script&gt;

Eric Riddle July 12, 2012

Excellent. That did the trick perfectly.

Edward Santos January 9, 2017

How to do this in Confluence Cloud? Any workaround?

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2012

Personally, I think it's best to remove it at the source, rather than do this "post-processing" scripting. (Yes, I still use jQuery for a bunch of things, but this is one that's easy to eradicate without having to add to your custom HTML).

In your space's Page Layout decorator, comment out the following line:

#parse ("/decorators/includes/page-metadata.vm")

I like having some metadata, so I add this to the bottom of each page:

#set ($lastModder = $confPage.getLastModifierName())
#set ($lastModDate = $confPage.getLastModificationDate())
&lt;div class="page-metadata"&gt;
&lt;ul&gt;
&lt;li class="page-metadata-modification-info"&gt;Last edited by $lastModder on $lastModDate&lt;/li&gt;
&lt;/ul&gt;
&lt;/div&gt;

Eric Riddle July 12, 2012

Matthew, you're right. That is probably a superior solution. I'm marking this as an accepted answer, because you've never lead me astray on any of my other questions, and nothing in that code looks out of place.

However, we've decided to go with the Documentation theme which restricts a lot of the customization options within Confluence. I can't test it.

With that in mind, we're okay with this (and the various other changes we've made) existing as a post-processing function. There's really no harm in any of these hidden functions being visible, we're just purusing as clean and straightforward layout as possible to present to as many of our anonymous users as possible. If someone disables Javascript and sees the metadata, that's okay.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events