How to hide text on the top menu bar of confluence home page?

Archie May 5, 2021

1. How to hide the text in top menu bar that is default in confluence.

Is there a way to keep just the word "create" on the top menu bar

2. Is there any macro to hide the "created by and last modified text"?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

@Archie - Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

I do not know of anything like this.  You could probably do it via CSS since you are on server.  If you share a screenshot I could put some CSS together.

Archie May 5, 2021

Please find the screenshot for the first question.Top Menu Bar.PNG

Screenshot to my 2nd question. How to hide the "modified and updated text" using a macro so it displays only when user hovers over

Modified updates.PNG

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

@Archie 

For the navigation, you could add the following to the custom HTML section in the Confluence administration section.  This will hide the navigation on Dashboard pages but they will display on all other pages.  I am little confused why you would want to do this but here is the code to do so.  

<style>
.dashboard .aui-nav-imagelink {display:none !important;}
</style>

As for your second question, you could hide this via CSS as well by making it white and then visible on mouseover but it would be a pain and would be terrible functionally for the end-user.  The class you will want to use is .page-metadata-modification-info if you want to try an make the change on your own.

Dana Bar Lavie January 20, 2022

@Brant Schroeder 

I would like to hide the sidebar, only on the homepage of spaces. 
Where exactly would you paste the code you provided? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events