Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide particular records in Gantt Chart while the table contains all records

Krishna Chaitanya April 5, 2023

I am trying to create a Gantt Chart based on a table. However, I want to display only some records in the chart while the table shows all records. 

I tried using filter but it filters both the table and the chart. Any work around this?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 6, 2023

Hi @Krishna Chaitanya,

As you’ve mentioned Gantt charts and filter, I assumed that you use our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app.

If this is the case, I can suggest the following workaround: reuse your source table with the help of the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros and use the Table Filter and Chart from Table macros on the reused copy of the table.

So, your original table wrapped in the Table Excerpt macro will be shown as it is and your reused table (the one that you get via the Table Excerpt Include macro) can be filtered/aggregated/visualized independently.

Krishna Chaitanya April 6, 2023

Thanks for your suggestion Katerina. I am using "Charts from table" macro to do this. But your workaround surely works in my case as well. 

I did the same and only drawback I am seeing is different set of filters - one for table and one for the chart. I am trying to improve my user experience by providing only 1 set of filters for both chart and table instead of different filters. 

Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2023

Hi @Krishna Chaitanya ,

The Chart from Table, Table Filter, Table Excerpt and many more macros are part of the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app.

And the last abstract got us confused: in the original question you tell that "I tried using filter but it filters both the table and the chart" - and it's a correct behavior for the macros. You filter the source table and your chart is rebuilt (it considers the filtered table as a new source table).

But as we understood, you needed to show the full unfiltered table somewhere on the page. The only option to "catch and repeat" your source table (or your source table wrapped into some other macros if required) without that specific Table Filter macro is to use the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros.

So, the last abstract is very confusing: "I did the same and only drawback I am seeing is different set of filters - one for table and one for the chart. I am trying to improve my user experience by providing only 1 set of filters for both chart and table instead of different filters."

The "1 set" of filters we had in the initial case, where that specific Table Filter macro filtered both your source table and your chart. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events