How to hide content to certain users?

Simone Baracchi October 5, 2017

I want to hide some content from certain users, for example unauthenticated users.

I've been using the "include" plugin, placing the hidden content in a separate space with different permissions, but recently (I think?) it started showing an error if the users couldn't access the hidden space contents.

I wanted to hide that error with a custom CSS... but recently the support for custom CSS has been completely deprecated.

I've found some other solutions but they put the hidden content inside the page "code" as "comments" that you can see only by editing the page. I don't like this solution since you have to give write permissions to the users in order to be able to see the contents (or anyway, you need to edit the page to see it).

Is there some other way to do this?

edit: I'm refering to Confluence Cloud.

1 answer

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2017

Hi Simone,

I've written an article about hiding content on a Confluence page:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/The-Admin-s-tale-Hidden-Treasures/ba-p/595803

I think, the visibility plugin is the one, you are looking for.

Simone Baracchi October 5, 2017

Thanks for the link. Interesting read, but it seems the only option with Confluence Cloud is adding a div with "display: none" and accept that the content is there anyway.

I was hoping in something slightly more secure. The "Include" plugin has been working fine, if it wasn't for the error it shows.

The visibility plugin isn't available for Cloud.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events