Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide change password form for users connected via read-only Active Directory users?

dchisholm August 27, 2012

We have Confluence connected to a Crowd directory that is coupled to ActiveDirectory for authentication only (i.e. it's a read-only connection to AD).

Users of this directory are trying to change their password using the Confluence password form, and this results in a null pointer exception.

Is it possible to hide the change password form for these users?

We have another internal Crowd directory which is read/write, and for its users the change-password form should not be hidden in Confluence.

3 answers

0 votes
Paula Manildi June 20, 2014
0 votes
Paula Manildi June 20, 2014

We need this also. It actually seems like a bug in Confluence. When will it be addressed?

0 votes
Matt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2012

You may change Jira template inits guts.

Remember to copy that, each time Jira is updated.

here it is Jira login JSP template (in this case jira is installed in /srv/jira/):

/srv/jira/atlassian-jira/includes/loginform.jsp

You may check this out too:

/srv/jira/atlassian-jira/secure/views/user/changepassword.jsp

/srv/jira/atlassian-jira/views/resetpassword.jsp

dchisholm October 9, 2012

To clarify, I'm looking for a way to do this in Confluence and not JIRA. I'd like Confluence to detect that the ActiveDirectory authenticated user is connected to a read-only user-directory and display an appropriate message while allowing regular (read-write user directory) users change their password.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events