cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide a page when deleted instead of moving it to trash

Tommy Nordahl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2012

Hi,

I have a request from one of our customers, they want to handled removed pages in a slightly different way.

Instead of moving it to the space trash can, they want the page to stay at it's current location in the structure but only be visible to a certain group and somehow marked as deleted (including preserved history and information on when it was deleted).

To my knowledge, this is not possible in Confluence today. Or have I missed some plugin out there?

To make it even more interesting, it would be great if the page's attachments could be handled in a similar way.

I would very much appreciate a comment on this feature request.

Best regards

Tommy

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2012
Tommy,

I see that Thomas provided some good suggestions. Alternatively, you can raise a feature request at https://jira.atlassian.com regarding this matter so it can hopefully be implemented in future versions of Confluence.

Cheers, 
Giuliano Tenedini
0 votes
Deleted user August 8, 2012

Would archiving instead of deleting do the trick?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.midori.confluence.plugin.archiving

This way you could mark the page to archive as opposed to deleted. You can restrict access to the archived space.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2012

Hi Tommy,

I don't think that there's a plugin for something like that, you have to do it manually.

Of course you can restrict pages to some people instead of deleting them. The attachments of these pages are restricted also by restricting a page. And of course you can mark them with a big red "deleted" on top of the page or a label or something.

But I would not do it. I think it will be a big effort to do that, you increase the complexity of your spaces, people who are allowed to see the deleted pages get them in the search results. You have to look, if you don't hide a full tree of pages instead of a single page. What do you do, if you want to preserve the child pages, but not the parent page ?

If you don't want do delete these pages, maybe you can create a new space for them and move the "to delete-pages" to that space. You can restrict the visibility of that "trash space" only to a few people and it is clear, that every page from this space is a deleted one from another space.

Cheers

Thomas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events