How to hide Gliffy details and options

noel_eastwood August 11, 2020

Hi all,

There might be an obvious answer to this but if there is I can't find it!

I've added a Gliffy to my Confluence Wiki page but when in view mode I can still see the outline, title and options (such as edit, full screen, embed) for the Gliffy if I hover over it.

Is there anyway to hide this? Maybe a CSS code? I don't want to Embed the Gliffy as I have active links in some of my diagram objects and when embedding these became inactive.

Thanks

Noel

1 answer

0 votes
Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2020

Hi Noel!

I don't think there's a way to disable that, but I'm going to check with the team. :) 

In the meantime, do you mind clarifying what you mean about your links becoming inactive? I don't think that should be happening if you're using the Gliffy macro!

I'll get back to you!

Samie

noel_eastwood August 12, 2020

Thanks for your reply Samie.  In that case is there a way to lock the options?  I don't really want viewers of the page to see the options but I definitely don't want them to be able to use any of the options.

The links work fine when the the options I described are visible but when I embed it in my page (in an attempt to hide the options) it just becomes an image and if you click on it then you just open the image --- none of the links I added to the diagram are active.

Hope that makes sense. 

Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2020

Hi Noel! I checked in on this. We have a feature similar to what you're looking for in the cloud app, but not in the server app. In cloud, you can select properties to lock the editing feature, which would mean that anyone with any permission level would need to be in the page editing view to then be able to edit the Gliffy diagram.

That being said, it totally makes sense why you'd be looking for this! I opened a feature request ticket because it's great feedback and a great idea. It may be something that we can't easily do in the server context per Atlassian, but the team will take a look.

Thanks for clarifying the linking issue as well — that makes sense. I'm sorry I don't have an immediate solution for you!

Like Jef Van Hulle likes this
noel_eastwood August 14, 2020

Thanks for clarifying Samie.

I agree the feature on the Cloud app would be ideal for this.  Hopefully this development will be available in the future.

David
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 29, 2024

@Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy Hi Samie,

Is there an update you would be willing to share re: this feature request?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events