How to have two separate Retrospective Index pages or tables coexist in same Space?

Tyler Brown January 14, 2020

I have two scrum teams that work out of a unified Engineering space and I would like to have two separate, ongoing Retrospectives pages with respective Index pages. Alternatively, could display the team's retros in separate tables on same Index page if possible. How might I go about doing this?

I am not super familiar with configuring the Page Properties Report macro which seems central to the process, so any help understanding how to configure that to achieve the desired result would be welcomed.

Here are a couple of screenshots to illustrate what I'm looking to do and how it currently behaves:

In Menu...

2retros1space.png

In Index page...

2retros1index.png

First community post, thanks in advance for help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2020

If I understand what you're trying to do correctly, I think I have a solution that can work. I was able to get two different indexes on one page. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 5.08.09 PM.png

Here's how I did it:

1. Went to Space Settings > Content Tools

2. Made a copy of the Retrospective index and Retrospective page with different titles.

3. On the copied Retrospective page, I added a different label "Retrospective2"

4. Then, on the Retrospective index page I edited the detailssummary macro to pull in content with the label "Retrospective2"

5. Next, I created a page and dropped two Page Properties Report macros with the appropriate titles and did the same with the Create from template button.

Let me know if that is what you were looking to do and if it works for you! 

Tyler Brown January 20, 2020

Hello, @Jessica !

Thanks for your response! I didn't go about it the exact way you did, but Labels were the key. Your response helped me better understand how the Page Properties Report macro worked and how to use Labels to surface the content I was looking for; much appreciated.

By adjusting the Labels, I was able to accomplish both of my options; a single Retrospectives Index with a section for each team and a team-specific Index page for the child pages I made under Retrospectives section.

Thanks again for your help!

Like Jessica likes this
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2020

Awesome, glad to hear you had worked that out @Tyler Brown ! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events