How to have the text to flow evenly on two columns in Confluence?

Roberto Saltini October 30, 2016

I know about the possibility to create a 2 column section in Confluence.

However, what I am after is something different. I would like the text to be evenly spread across 2 columns.

Something similar to the way text is organised in newspaper articles.

Thanks

1 answer

2 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2016

It's no coincidence that you mentioned newspaper articles. There is a CSS style known as "newspaper."

Just add the div macro, put your text in the body and set the Styles field of the macro to:

-webkit-column-count: 2; /* Chrome, Safari, Opera */     -moz-column-count: 2; /* Firefox */     column-count: 2

Change the "column-count" numbers if you want more columns.

Admin2 October 31, 2016

Hi Milo - thanks for posting that! I have just tried what you suggested and it works well for me in Chrome, but the formatting seems a bit uneven at times if I view the same page using Internet Explorer. Is there a way of making this work better with IE?

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2016

IE does not have multi-column support; just another reason Atlassian announced EoS for IE 10. 

Admin2 November 1, 2016

Thanks for that Milo. As we are required to ensure that our content displays correctly in IE, that means that I may have to give up on this, unfortunately.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events