How to give "Can sign in" permission to a new group in Confluence?

Martin Fuchs
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 9, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Manage application access

I'm a site-admin and we use JIRA and Confluence. 

Now, I'd like to use a new group and give it "Can sign in" permission for Confluence. 

For JIRA I can do it on this page (see screenshot), but for Confluence its not possible. And the link shows an other page with other funcionality.

What's the way to go?

confluence_group_permission.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2016

hello

when you click on Configure in Confluence link, it takes you permissions page of Confluence. On this page on the left side you can see users and groups. Click on groups and create your group there. After that return to the permissions page, click on edit permissions and add this group to the groups here. Then you can see this group on the first page (accessconfig page).

Martin Fuchs
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 10, 2016

Thanks Elifcan!

It works, You helped me with the answer smile

For me, its not very logical, but I get used to wink

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events