How to get the list of last 300 pages that have been changed?

Alex Bobrovski July 27, 2011

Hi,

I'm going on vacation. When I come back after two-week holidays, I'd like to get the list of all the pages that will have been changed.

The macro {recently-updated} provides about 50 last changes, that is the maximum.

How to get the looooong list of all the user's commits?

Thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Lis Riba July 27, 2011

You want updates for all spaces?

Before vacation, subscribe to daily updates [Your name > Settings > Email]

You will then receive daily emails listing all changes (that you have permission to view)

It's not precisely the same format as {recently-updated}, but will list all the changes that you've missed.

If you just want changes in a particular space, then start watching that space, and you can compile the emails when you return.

Hope this helps, and have a nice vacation.

1 vote
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2011

Hallo Alex

Arun and Lis have given the two answers that I would recommend. However, I'd recommend that you use them both. :) So:

• Add yourself as a watcher of the spaces that interest you.
  • Subscribe to an RSS feed for the spaces that interest you.

The reason for doing both is this:

• If people check the "Minor change" checkbox when they edit a page, their changes will not appear in your notifications from the "watch" option.
  • The RSS feed does not report on deleted pages, only on added and updated pages.

I hope this helps!

Cheers, Sarah

1 vote
abhalla
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2011

I like to use my RSS reader to track space updates across an entire Confluence instance. It's pretty easy to create an RSS feed link within Confluence by using the top-level Browse menu and click on "Feed Builder." From there, you can select the type of updates you want to track, which spaces, and if you click on "Advanced Options," you can specify the number of entries in the feed. For performance reasons, the maximum limit is 200 entries, which may be suit you fine when you come back.

If you want to ensure you track everything that changed while you're away, you can plug the generated feed link into your feed reader and have the reader refresh the link frequently (daily or every few hours).

cheers,

Arun

Alex Bobrovski July 28, 2011

Thans a lot, guys.

Thank you very much!

All advice is really helpful.

1 vote
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2011

You could use a basic SQL Query (assuming SQL Server):

SET ROWCOUNT 300;

select content.title, content.lastmodifier, content.lastmoddate , spaces.spacename, spaces.spacekeyfrom content, spaces where contenttype='PAGE' and content.spaceid=spaces.spaceid order by lastmoddate desc

If you're using MySQL you could use the Limit keyword instead of setting the rowcount

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events