Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get started with calling Rest APIs for wiki confluence 3.5?

Sarabjeet Oberoi November 23, 2015

I've to create a script for calling Rest API for automating tasks for Wiki Confluence 3.5.

How should I start? I read the content on getting started with SDK but it leads to starting JIRA server using following command:

atals-run-standalone - product JIRA.

Please give directions on how to start.

1 answer

0 votes
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2015

Is your problem about starting the product, or about getting documentation about the REST apis? I'll answer about the REST apis:

If you could upgrade your version of Confluence*, you could download the REST API Browser plugin from the Atlassian Marketplace and install it in Confluence, and you'd get all the REST documentation easily.

Since you probably can't upgrade Confluence:

• Download the source code of Confluence 3.5 from https://my.atlassian.com. If you've paid for a license ($10), you can access it.
  • Search for files which contain the text "javax.ws.rs". Those files describe Jersey resources which define the APIs of REST services. You need to be familiar with Java and Jersey to understand them.
  • REST APIs are deployed at {baseUrl}/rest/{key}/{version}/path..., where:
    • {baseUrl} is the full base URL of Confluence including the context path, e.g. http://confluence:1990/confluence
    • {key} is the key of the module in atlassian-plugin.xml, if the resource was defined in a plugin.
    • {version} is the version of the same module in atlassian-plugin.xml.
    • /path is the annotation in the Java class, such as @Path("/path").

Honestly, I wouldn't undertake such a task without first upgrading Confluence. Keeping all systems up to the latest version is pretty important when a company wants full support and best-of-the-class tools.

* Upgrading from Confluence 3.5 to 5.9 is a big change, in terms of user habits and data migration, but it's worth it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events