How to get last authenticated in confluence using rest api?

Jan Nylund April 22, 2019

In a try to do some automatic cleanup of licenses, I'm investigating the api's on JIRA, Bitbucket and Confluence to find out when a user was last authenticated to an application.

I managed to pull the info from JIRA over the crowd api, and from bitbucket over it's rest api, but on confluence I can't seem to find this information exposed anywhere.

The confluence user information doesn't provide it, and JIRA crowd doesn't tell me when someone authenticated through the integration.

2 answers

1 vote
Navam Rajput October 30, 2019

@Jan Nylund  Any update on this ? . I am also doing the auditing on the last logged in user details 

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2019

Hey Jan,

Doing some cleanup is great admin works! Unfortunately as far as I'm aware, Confluence doesn't have an API endpoint for that information.

There are a couple ways to go about this without the API. First is via SQL - the embedded Crowd database does keep track of the last login time for users. We have some sample queries here for retrieving this info from the database.

Secondly, there are marketplace apps that can identify these users for you (and some can automatically disable the users after a certain amount of time to recover the seat). You can take a look at a few of those here and see if any fit your needs.

It would be interesting to see if you have some other system doing the cleanup and come up with a way to expose the results via API. Let us know how it goes!

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events