About 4 weeks ago, Atlassian disabled a User Macro (in Confluence Cloud) that is heavily used in our customer facing help documentation. Atlassian provided no notice that this was going to happen. Overnight, they wiped out hundreds of hours of work.
We filed a support ticket when we couldn't figure out why our content was suddenly gone. After a week, they came back and said yes, sorry, but we disabled User Macros. The only way to recover the lost content is to go to each page, view the storage format, copy out the raw html for the affected content, and then recreate the pages, one at a time. Seriously?!!!
This is the only answer we've gotten in 4 weeks. If the support person actually responds to questions, turnaround time can take as long as 7 days. Each response ends with something to the effect of "Sorry for the inconvenience, we will let you know if there's any other news."
I asked for help enabling the User Macro in question on a local Confluence Server version that I installed and imported all of our content. But it seems Atlassion won't help with that either.
If the user macro was simple enough, you might be able to create a small custom Cloud add-on that uses all the same parameters and displays the content in the same way. Let me know if you want some support on this.
Hi my Community friends! For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs