How to get email notification when someone puts a comment on wiki pages?

Vivek Singh May 29, 2020

Hi team,

I am wondering if there is any settings on Confluence to get email notification whenever someone is adding comments on any of the pages in the space I am working in.

I checked for options under settings but I was not able to find any such thing. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Vivek Singh

1 answer

1 vote
Bharath Kumar Kappala
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2020

hi @Vivek Singh 

You can just start watching the page which you would like to have notifications from and that is it you would start receiving email notifications.

Here is some documentation that might be helpful - https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/watch-pages-spaces-and-blogs-139579.html

Hope this helps 

Vivek Singh May 29, 2020

Thanks Bharath, is there an option to only get notifications when someone comments on the page, I don't want to get notifications for other changes on the pages.

Bharath Kumar Kappala
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2020

I am not sure but as far as I know I dont think there is a option like that in Confluence 

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2020

There is not an option for that, but as a workaround you could set up an email rule to delete the other emails and keep the comment emails.

Vivek Singh June 2, 2020

Thanks @Davin Studer . Unfortunately the email that I am getting is too big and contains changes done on all the spaces in confluence which makes the the message too heavy. Is there an option in confluence to set an email notification when changes are performed only for a particular space?

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2020

@Vivek Singh You should only get emails for pages or spaces that you are watching. If you are getting emails for spaces you do not want to watch you should take a look at your watches page. Go to your profile picture and select "Watches". Unwatch anything you do not want to get emails for.

Vivek Singh June 3, 2020

@Davin Studer  Thanks for following up on this. I did checked on "Watches" and its showing only the pages in one space which I actively work on. I am attaching the email settings option I can see in Confluence and I cannot see any option which will send email to me for my watches only.

I selected the second option and its sending huge info which is not needed.

Confluence.JPG

Vivek Singh June 8, 2020

Hi @Davin Studer ,

Did you get a chance to look at above query?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vivek Singh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events