How to get current space category in confluence refinedwiki Original Theme Header

Christoph Lütjen April 2, 2013

We are using Confluence for our technical documentation and refinedwiki Original Theme Plugin to customize the design. Documentation is available in two languages (German, English). Spaces are organized as follows:

Category: "German"

Space: "Product 1 - DE"
Space: "Product 2 - DE"

Category: "English"

Space: "Product 1 - EN"
Space: "Product 2 - EN"

In the site header, I'd like to place links to Product 1 Home, Product 2 Home, ... in current language. (I try to modify the site header using the textbox provided by OriginalTheme > Manage custom design.)

That means:

If the current page is in a space that has category "German":

Link: "Product 1" => Space "Product 1 - DE" - Home

Else

Link: "Product 1" => Space "Product 1 - EN" - Home

I understand that I can use Velocity functions so a simple if should do the job if I could get information about the current space.

How can I access the category of current space?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2013

hi there!

I'm not sure if that would be possible. I believe that the best would be to contact the refinedwiki team and ask them the possibility to customize the plugin this way. If you could paste here their answers would be great :)

Rodrigo

1 vote
Christoph Lütjen August 25, 2013

Hi Rodrigo,

thanks for your reply. Here's the answer from refinedwiki team.

#if ($sitemeshPage.getProperty("page.spacekey"))
    #set($spaceInfoBean = 
OriginalThemeHelper.getSpaceInfoBean($sitemeshPage.getProperty("page.spacekey")))
    $spaceInfoBean.categoryNameKey
#end

This is not an official API so I assume it might change in future releases.

PS: Thumbs up for refinedwiki support team. Fast an qualified answer. Great ;-)

Thomas Krause June 11, 2016

Yeah! After 4..5 hours of searching how to get the current space key (and the category key) in top.vm of RWT I've found this. Thx!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events