How to get confluence licensed users count through rest API?

Anoop K Baby January 29, 2018

How to get confluence licensed users count through rest API?

2 answers

3 votes
Frederik Bauer August 25, 2021

Hey, I know this is an old question. However, I also just stumbled over that problem and the answer is now in the above linked ticket. To save some time for future users I just add the information here too:

This comment mentions these (in Confluence 7.4.10 working) rest endpoints:

/rest/license/1.0/license/userCount
/rest/license/1.0/license/remainingSeats
/rest/license/1.0/license/maxUsers

Hope this will save some time for others. :)

Tom Bell October 7, 2021

That's awesome Frederik! I've been looking for a way to do this for a long while.  Thanks!!

Tom

Like Frederik Bauer likes this
yebajod265 August 10, 2022

Hi Frederik,
Have tried the above mentioned api in postman to get the licensed user count.
There i'm getting the error:"No value present" in the response

Is the domain url before the /rest/licence should be the atlassian company domain url. Is there any api link to check with. Or is there any change required in the api call.Screenshot 2022-08-10 at 7.52.48 PM.png

Frederik Bauer November 30, 2022

Hey, sry for the late reply.

My answer was for the Server/Data Center version of Confluence. It seems that you are looking for a solution for the Cloud version of Confluence. For that I unfortunately can't help you.

Hope you will find or already found your answer somewhere else. :)

Krister Broman _Advania_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2024

They work in cloud as well you just have to add the wiki part to the URLs so they are

{{instance}}/wiki/rest/license/1.0/license/userCount
{{instance}}/wiki/rest/license/1.0/license/remainingSeats
{{instance}}/wiki//rest/license/1.0/license/maxUsers

Like # people like this
0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2018

Hi Anoop,

This is not yet possible, but we have a feature request for it:

It's possible to do using a database query:

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,

Shannon

Anoop K Baby February 6, 2018

Hi Shannon,

I am just looking to get my purchased license count for an automation to avoid the hard coded value, not the list of active users counting, that I got already through the same thread you posted above. 

Regards,

Anoop

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2018

Anoop,

Alright, thank you for letting me know you were able to obtain it via that method.

If you have any further questions please let us know.

Regards,

Shannon

Hi Shannon,

No, I think you misunderstood my reply. Still I am not able to figure out a way for my actual request. Again for a clarity, I was looking for an option to find the count of my purchased license through an API call or a DB query. I am not looking for the active users count or logged in users count, only the purchased license count. I know I can see that value if I login to the UI. But I am looking for an option to get that value to add it into an automation which I am trying.

Regards,

Anoop

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 6, 2018

Anoop,

1. It is not currently possible to do this through API, per the feature request.
  2. The article I sent you does show how to get the total users that count towards the license. Are you asking how to find out the total number of licenses you have, regardless if they're being used or not?

I won't be able to help you specifically with your automation but I can help point you in the direction of finding this in the database.

Regards,

Shannon

The article I sent you does show how to get the total users that count towards the license. Are you asking how to find out the total number of licenses you have, regardless if they're being used or not?   -----> Yes, exactly 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 6, 2018

Anoop,

Thank you for verifying.

I'm not sure how to do that, but there appears to be a way within Jira, so the Confluence app may be similar in REST API?

I wasn't able to determine specifically that might be in the database. Your question has been tagged so that our Developer Community can have a look and let you know if they have any advice.

Regards,

Shannon

Hmm ok .. I had seen this thread (How to access UPM REST API for License Details) earlier, but it will show only the license info for the Addons

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 7, 2018

Hi Anoop,

I consulted one of our developers, and she said that the REST API Browser may be able to help you find what you need.

You can use this to see what is being called in the API when it retrieves your license details.

Could you take a look at that and see if it helps you find what you need?

Regards,

Shannon

Narra Sreenu May 19, 2020

Hey I have also same requirement. I need to get used licenses count either by using db script or api. Please help me to achieve this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events