How to get back a deleted Mockup

Paul Sawkins May 29, 2013

So someone deleted a mockup in confluence (about 50 edits ago) and we want it back.

It is still in the system - search finds the .png - I can add it as an image to the page.... But how do i get to edit it again?

I tried to insert a new one - it does not come up as one to copy from (Jira does this but not confluence)... Any ideas - it is pretty complex

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peldi May 29, 2013

Hmm, I just tried it again and it works. What version of Mockups are you using?

Another way is to download the bmml attachment, open it in a text editor, select all of it and copy. Then back in Confluence create a new mockup, select "Import XML", paste and import. You will create a clone of the original mockup that way.

We are using on-demand - so no idea of the version...

By "Text Editor" do you mean wordpad? or is there some xml editor I should get?

1 vote

Thanks that fixed it.

Downloaded the bmml attachment to desktop - opened it in wordpad - copy all - add a new mockup to the page - imported XML.

Thanks...

0 votes
Paul Sawkins June 14, 2013

Downloaded the attachment (bmml), opened in wordpad, select all, copy, open a new balsamiq, import XML, save with new name.

Worked fine - thanks.

0 votes
Peldi May 29, 2013

Hi Paul. If the mockups's png and bmml are still attached to the page, you can follow the instructions here http://support.balsamiq.com/customer/portal/articles/113837#moving-advanced to make it reappear on the page so that you can edit it again. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Tried this - I get an error in the page "Mockup image (version 1) not found. Did someone delete it?"

I then tried to rename it (the second part of the page - for some reason I though that was the next steps...) and that also gives the same error message - even with the new name

So not able to edit it - it does not display in the page (except using html image)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events