Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a print or a PDF of the Roadmap in Confluence?

Olivier Marchesini June 19, 2017

I am using the roadmap and I want to have a print of the roadmap. When printing or exporting to PDF I get a blank page. 

Do I miss something? is there a work around?

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
3layer (expert) July 19, 2017

@Olivier Marchesini an @AnnWorley

To solve (in my case), I use this step sequence.

1. Save the page in Word Format.
  2. Open in Word
  3. Copy the roadmap image
  4. Open Powerpoint
  5. Paste image (copied from Word) in Powerpoint
  6. Rescale the image
  7. Copy the image again (now, in Powerpoint)
  8. Open MS Paint
  9. Paste image (copied from Powerpoint) in MS Paint
  10. Save as JPEG.
  11. Use your default image viewer to print.
  12. Voila.

Cheers.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2017

Thanks for sharing your workaround!

@olivier Marchesini please click the check mark next to the workaround as "Accepted" if it works for your case.

Fernando Torres July 23, 2019

It does work. thanks for sharing.

Madison Small March 24, 2022

This isn't working for me. When I export it to Word, it shows a title and the word 'table' but the rest of the page is blank. Any suggestions?

1 vote
Tina Esmaeili March 2, 2023

Follow what @Kyle Zapalac  says above (or below) and customize your paper size and "scale", specially if your roadmap is big. it will automatically scroll (or zoom out) and take a whole snapshot of the roadmap.

Kyle Zapalac March 2, 2023

Good tip!

I also usually apply a filter before I embed a roadmap in confluence pages to avoid this issue.

If anyone doesn't know, you can apply filters on your roadmap page and then when you are copying the URL it will carry over the same filters when you paste/embed it in confluence.

I realize this might not be an option for everyone depending on how your work is divided, but I think it is good to mention. 

1 vote
Kyle Zapalac February 23, 2023

Hi,

If anyone is still struggling with this in 2023, here is my 10 second workaround that does not involve copy+pasting between multiple programs (works in Chrome):

1. Right Click on you published Confluence page
  2. Click "Print..."
  3. Select "Print as PDF"
  4. Under "More Settings" ensure "Background Graphics" is checked
  5. Print

Very important: Without "Background Graphics" checked, the bars for your epics will not display on the PDF.

It also seems to help if you scroll down on your Confluence page to where the Roadmap is displayed before printing. This way the graphic is loaded and captured by your print. 

Good luck!

Kyle Z.

Thanks, your solution led me to a better solution... customizing the PDF papersize and customizing the "scale" so that the whole big roadmap is printed. (Actually scrolled and printed)!

Like Kyle Zapalac likes this
0 votes
Birin March 19, 2021

My solution was:

Screen capture your roadmap (can use light shot, snipping tool, etc), then paste the roadmap as an image into the document. then convert to PDF, you can have the roadmap inside :)

That won't work if the roadmap is long and needs scrolling

0 votes
Olivier Marchesini July 30, 2017

An other solution: 

Scrollit PDF works fine (makes big roadmaps very small but is acceptable)

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2017

Olivier, the contents of the Roadmap macro exported to PDF successfully on my test instance. Please let me know on what version of Confluence you are experiencing the issue.

Olivier Marchesini June 27, 2017

Ann,

I am on 6.1.1 server

3layer (expert) July 19, 2017

@AnnWorley, how are you ? I hope fine.

I think that the case is the size of the roadmap.

In my case, my roadmap have uses many "scroll pages" in vertical and horizontal views.

So, the export is entirely broken (and loose content) due the wrong span over the several exported pages :-(

Derek Wang March 9, 2021

Hello, It looks still not working even export to word first. 

Please support.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events