How to get a list of active users counting towards the Confluence license with JIRA Server directory Edited

Hello,
I would like to list users counting towards the Confluence license. I'm using Confluence 5.0.2 and JIRA 6.0.4 with Crowd directory and MySQL database. Unfornately common SQL solutions do not list what I want.

1 answer

0 vote
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Aug 23, 2017

It sounds like you saw our knowledgebase article, as your question has nearly the same title: How to get a list of active users counting towards the Confluence license

The queries on that page should work for Confluence 5.0.2, and they sort the results by directory so you should be able to use that SQL to get the active users counting toward your license from a JIRA user directory or from a Crowd directory.

Please let me know how the queries on our knowledgebase article do not list what you want, or whether they do work for your case.

First query from your link gives me 125 rows with usernames and most of these account are already deactivated in JIRA. I have over 490 users counted for license in Confluence.

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Aug 24, 2017

Perhaps you have nested groups or usernames that are the same in the Confluence Internal and JIRA User Directories.

Please use the UI to investigate further. Users with permission to use Confluence count against the license. If you remove the extra users from the groups that are granted permission to use Confluence, they will no longer count against the license.

The UI does not present a flat list of users that count against the license. Since only the groups listed under Global Permissions count against the license, those are the only groups you need to examine to get a list of users that count against the license.

Within the UI, you can get a listing of groups and users that are assigned Global Permissions by navigating to Confluence Admin > Global Permissions. You can view the groups via Confluence Admin > Groups to reveal their members. To see which directory the users are in, click on the username in Confluence Admin>User Management

UserMgmt.png

I have mainly "Remote JIRA Directory" as Directory. I have only ~10 users i internal Confluence directory.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

299 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you