Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a confluence page in unix?

vikranth A February 10, 2017

Is there a way to access a confluence page in unix environment?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2017

Lots, but you need to explain what you actually want.  "Access a page" does not tell us what you are trying to do.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2017

Ok, I'm assuming you mean you have a remote process that needs to read the page.

That should use the REST API to get the data it wants.  I usually start with https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/confluence-server-rest-api/confluence-rest-api-examples as the examples show you stuff working, rather than the full REST API docs

vikranth A February 10, 2017

I have tried the example earlier and could not get it working. It gave me "No JSON object could be decoded". I wasnt sure how to provide the address. should we provide it as it is or should be modify it?

Can you tell me the command line for Reading the below page ?http://confluence.xxxxx.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=xxxxx

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2017

It's the url given in the docs, except you need to replace the base url with your own, and the page identifier.

I'd also try dropping the pipe through a decoder that the doc says to use - I think that's hiding the response which you need to see to understand.

vikranth A February 21, 2017

Thanks Nic. I tried removing the command after pipe. I am able to get the page data in html format and processing that for my actual purpose.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events