How to get UserId in Confluence

I'm trying to use CLI to disable bulk users use below command:

./confluence.sh --action runFromCsv --common "--action removeUserFromGroup" --file /home/lcong/Desktop/1.csv --server http://confluence.com.cn --user user1 --password ***

# cat 1.csv

userId,group
user1,test

Whant I'm understanding is that the userId is the username, and I can got the username list user --action getUserList command. But when I doing disable action, it says 

Client error: No user with id 'user1'.

I also tried other users are got the same error, anyone can help to give some advice? Is the username not userId?  

Thanks.  

1 answer

0 votes
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jul 26, 2017

From the looks of the examples from Bob Swift's site, the userId is the username:

--action removeUserFromGroup --userId "testuser3" --group "testgroup2"

If you run the action without the file do you still get the error? (I am suggesting this for troubleshooting, not as a resolution. I understand we need to be able to bulk update via the csv.)

Hi Ann, 

Yes, still get the same error, from the Examples from Bob Swift's site the userId seems is the username, and I'm able to run bellow command to get all the user list, so I'm not sure why it is keep saying no user with the listed userID. 

{code} 

--action getUserList 

{code}

{code}

./confluence.sh --action removeUserFromGroup --userId "syiyi" --group "confluence-users" --server http://confluence.com.cn --user admin --password ***

{code}

Output:

{code}

Client error: No user with id 'syiyi'.

{code}

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,552 views 25 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you