Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Contributor Metrics from the All Updates list?

Roovy Shapiro March 22, 2019

I'd like to have data showcasing who's doing the most contributions in confluence for the past month. The all updates page shows each user's contributions whether page updates or page creations. Is there a way to get this as a metric of who's doing the most contributions in a specified time frame?

Url of the all updates page:

https://mycompany.atlassian.net/wiki/discover/all-updates

Screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/WMZZW9m.pngWMZZW9m.png

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2019

Hello Roovy,

Happy to help!

Have you had a look at the Contributors macros?

I think these could help you accomplish what you require. Have a look there and let me know what you think and if you have any questions about it.

Regards,

Shannon

Roovy Shapiro April 1, 2019

Hi Shannon,

This is a great resource, thank you! The @Global is what I was looking for. 

Is there a way to display this information in a specified time frame? Instead of total global contributions - just the contributions from the past 30 days for example?

That would solve my next problem, but if that's not possible is there a way to exclude specific users? This shows a lot of updates from "Former Users."

Is there a way to access this data via API? We could then customize it ourselves.

Thank you very much for all your help!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2019

Roovy,

Unfortunately I don't see a way to exclude specific users or to set a timeframe. I see that setting a timeframe was created as a feature request in the past for the Contributors Summary Macro, but it was closed since then.

I would recommend raising those feature requests at our jira.atlassian.com. You can find the current Contributors Macro feature requests for Cloud below:

Let me know if you have any trouble with that and I can lend a hand. 

As for the Cloud API, I'm not personally familiar with it, but it may be possible for you to obtain the details you need that way. I'm just not sure what call that would be, but you can have a look in our Confluence Cloud REST API Documentation. If you find what you're looking for, please feel free to share here in case other users were looking for the same.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events