How to get Confluence version 7.14.3 in Alassian cloud instead of the new version?

Samson Daniel September 6, 2022

Hello, 

We are using paid Atlassian Confluence 7.14.3 at work. 

But currently, I am not admin on any of our spaces (getting admin rights is not possible)

Right now, I would like to create a template using the free version I created using my personal account. The idea is the create the template in my own instance, play around with it and when it is good enough, the I will quickly re-create in the company's instance. 

The problem is I am on a new version of Confluence currently and I would like to choose another version, namely v7.14.3 so I can have the same UI as in my work place.

Is this possible? 

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2022

Hey @Samson Daniel and welcome to the community!

i'm afraid what you're asking for will not be possible.

Your local instance (7.14.3) is an on premise variant (Server or Data Center) which is entirely different from the Cloud version.

Both flavors are developed differently and do not share the same roadmap. So simply changing the UI of the Cloud version to the one that matches your On Premise version will not be possible (as they are pretty much 2 different products that are mostly similar but not the same)

Too bad, thanks for the answer anyway.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2022

If you really need this, you can always ask your company to set up a test/development instance with a dev license?

When your company pays for a commercial license they are also entitled to several development licenses so the admins can test upgrades/new features/try changes.

It might be a good bet to ask them to set up such a playground instance with a development license (it won't cost them anything except the infrastructure to run it which can be minimal as it is not a production system)

Another idea could be to just set up a trial instance on your local machine

Thanks, asking for a dev instance is a good idea.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events