How to generate bidirectional reports?

Hi, 

I would like to use Confluence and some add-ons to generate bidirectional reports for system documentation.

For example:

1. A system document shall have information about the used switch port (amongst others). The data shall be hold here and used on several other 'overview' page (reports). 
  2. An overview about the systems shall be generated.
  3. An overview of the switches and port usage shall be created.

There are several ways I figured out to use: the Metadata or Scaffolding plugin in combination with own reports or the Reporting plugin to fulfill 1. and 2.

It is difficult to fulfill the requirement of 3. From my point of view I have to check the values against keys or I have to define a conditional rule like 'if key = value' (e.g. if switch=switch1) then report on key 'switch port'. This shall give a report on the switch ports of 'switch1'.

Does anyone run this some kind of system documentation (non-redundant data) and reporting?

Thanks for any hint in advance.

Best regards,
     Heiko 

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello Heiko,

you should take a look on these to plugins, in combination, it should be possible to fullfill your requirements:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.customware.confluence.plugin.reporting

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.customware.confluence.plugin.scaffolding

Regards

Steve

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

566 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you