How to generate a web-link for the user guide developed on Confluence?

ankitap July 29, 2021

I have developed a user guide on Confluence for one of the products. Now it is ready and I want to share it with the end-users. Please provide the process of generating a link (a URL) for this user guide that can be shared with the product's end-users. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 30, 2021

Hi @ankitap,

You can share single pages, using the share functionality described here. If you're looking to publicly share a whole space via a link with more users, you could also make your space public.

Be aware however, that if you make your space public, the users you share it with will potentially also be able to see things like older versions of your page, comments, attachments, and basically everything you can see yourself. Also, certain macros, or things like smart links, may not work correctly for anonymous users.

Since you said you've developed a user guide that you want to share, I can also recommend taking a look at something like Scroll Viewport for Confluence which lets you publish spaces to a real website. It's easy to set up, a lot more sophisticated than what Confluence offers by itself, and you can even put it on your own domain. For example, our documentation for our own apps is built on it: https://help.livelyapps.com/

Hope this helps! :)

Cheers,
Sven

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events