cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate TOC from panel titles?

Michelle Rau good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2020

Something I'd like to do for several pages is to be able to generate a Table of Contents from the titles, or heading text, in panels. For example, if I have three panels with titles Version 1, Version 2, Version 3, I want my table of contents to be,

• Version 1
  • Version 2
  • Version 3

I've learned that the CSS class for the panelHeader only turns the panel title bold and doesn't do anything else to it.  I can style that class, but can't figure out how to specify to include that panelHeader class as the basis for a TOC.

I don't want to do this for all panels or on every page, only for some pages.

Does anyone know how I can accomplish this? Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2020

Hello Michelle,

Thank you for raising this with us.

There was a similar question in the past, perhaps it can help you?

I'm not really sure myself, but maybe that can point you into the right direction.

We have a feature request for this feature, which you can find below. You can vote on the request and you'll be added to the list of watchers and receive updates on this in the future.

• CONFSERVER-37130 Add functionality for Panel Macro's "Title" to show in Table of Contents

Let's leave this thread open for other suggestions, in case anyone else has an idea of how to do that; I just wanted to share the feature request with you.

Take care,

Shannon

Michelle Rau good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2020

Thank you! I appreciate it!

Like Shannon S likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events