How to format URLs in {{code}} in a table?

Ed Treijs September 9, 2011

Confluence 3.3.3. Working in Wiki Markup.

I put the double curly brackets around a URL. Works fine outside of a table. But inside a table, the curly brackets are shown, then a space, then the URL, then a line break, then the closing curly brackets. Like:

{{ URL
}}

It's not a problem putting code into a table, as a non-URL works fine (e.g. {{TBD}} appears properly as Courier in the table cell).

I have a nicely code-formatted URL sitting outside a table. Just to test, I put a table around it. And now it's not in code format. Remove the bars on either side, taking it "out" of the test table, and it goes back to being a Courier-font URL.

I don't see anything useful in the Confluence documentation. Have I found a bug? Do I need to use some kind of escape on code-format URLs inside tables? Table-plus macro doesn't help. I'm stumped.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Patricia Wiebe September 9, 2011

If you are just trying to format the URL nicely, how about the "no format" macro? I threw together a quick table:

|| URL || Something else ||
| {noformat:nopanel=true}http://www.google.com{noformat} | Hello |
| {{TBD}} | There |

and it looked fine.

Thanks--yes that works! I checked it in Firefox and IE. (We are using Adaptavist as well, if that makes any difference.)

There's a bonus: the blue colouring and underlining is removed. And it's no longer enabled as a hyperlink. That's good, because I'm illustrating how to assemble the final URL (it's getting data from a service), and the partial URLs won't work. Even the complete URL examples may not work, depending on the data available.

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 9, 2011
Is it just URLs that are the problem? If so, as a workaround try adding the 'h' as it's HTML entity instead. Let me know if it works :)

Yes, I think it's only URLs. When I put in a {{TBD}} in the table, it works fine.

I am not sure where to add an 'h'.

For reference, the URLs are like:
http://xdsrvjboss01:18080/appl/rest/myfoo

They don't absolutely have to be in code, but they're a lot more readable if they are. And I'd like to be consistent with my treatment of the same URLs when they're not in a table.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events