How to force link to open in new tab when creating a link in Diagramly

When you create a link in Diagramly how can I force it to open in new tab when clicked?

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

We've changed the behaviour in the latest plugin version, see if that now does what you need.

Works fine. Thanks.

Sory David & Farzad, can you please share how to configure draw.io to have a button link into new tab ?

We could add an option for this, but I'm loathe to, tbh. Open in new tab within browsers is a standard paradigm and each additional UI option makes it more complex. Is there a specific use case that's causing a problem with this?

The use case is when your link is an external link. Imagine you have a diagram which has links to internal confluence pages and also links to public internet. Usually you want the links to confluence pages to open in the same page to keep the flow. But when it comes to links to external pages (internet) you usually want them to be opened in a new tab.

Hi everybody, is there any thing new on this topic ? I have the same problem / use case like Farzad.

Is this Cloud or Server? If Server, which draw.io version?

In the latest version, click "Edit Macro" and then Links.links.png

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

601 views 8 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you