Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix a user who is unable to search for pages in confluence?

Cole Fanning March 26, 2021

My account was recently added in our confluence instance. When I use the search tool, I am not getting results from any of the pages located within confluence . Other users do not have a problem with this. I understand that we can rebuild the search index, but I don't believe this will resolve the issue, because the search index is updating when we add new pages, and the other users can find those, but I can't find the new pages either.  

For example, we have page in our documentation called "CRM" . When I search for CRM in confluence, I get no results, and the search bar has this text in it

ancestorIds:6161396 AND crm

If I erase that first part, and try to search, it does not work. I seem to be the only user that cannot pull up the pages in the documentation, which again leads me to believe it is not actually the search index that is the issue, but some sort of permissions or issue with my particular user account.  I am apparently setup as an admin so I don't know what permissions would be affect this.  confluence search results.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Cole Fanning March 28, 2021

Hello,

Thank you. Yes I if I can get a url to the page, I can access the page, but then if I try to search for the title or keywords for that article, I get the same result as my screenshot for some reason. 

0 votes
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2021

Hi Cole

welcome to the Atlassian community.

Can you access the mentioned CRM page directly (would like to double-check that you have the required permissions on the space/page level)

Cheers

Kurt

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events