Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find user ID in Jira?

SSAdmin November 26, 2021

Received a question:

Could your advice to check for my user ID in jira that is not show for tracking number, below is the example screen :

My user ID in jira: Makara_c

Снимок.PNG

5 answers

1 vote
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2021

Hi @SSAdmin welcome to the Atlassian community.

Would you please elaborate the query.

0 votes
Angel Fucaraccio (31st) June 22, 2022

If you go to "Filter/Advanced issue search" and type in the JQL

assignee = whatevername

it will translate it into the user id.  Hope this is what you are looking for.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2022

It won't be, they're reading the database which is not going to help with the user data JQL works with.

0 votes
Hakeem Olasupo
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2021

I really do not understand the question

0 votes
SSAdmin November 26, 2021

Unfortunately, I myself cannot understand what the client wants. Apparently identify yourself in the comments by the ID number, perhaps it should be taken from the Database, or by the Script Runner? I do not know.
I know that through @ we can indicate any user, thereby notifying him of a question or problem. He apparently wants something like that, but under his unique ID. does it even exist? He doesn't like what is indicated in the profile in the browser (atl_token = BNOT-40UI-HVDQ-2ILJ_c23c13c3c3f63af87b5a0f0a8493a2c06db2879e_lin & name = Makara_c)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 26, 2021

Right, so stop reading the database, it's the wrong thing to do.

I'm afraid you're going to need your client to explain what they are trying to do, maybe starting with the question "why do you think you want a user id?  What problem would knowing it solve?"

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 26, 2021

I do not understand the question.

By user-id, I assume you are looking for something that uniquely identifies a user.  For the users shown in your screenshot, that's easy - it's what you see in the screenshot.

So, I assume you are looking for something else.  But I can't work out what from your question.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events