How to find all user defined templates in confluence ?

Sushmitha July 14, 2022

I have Confluence admin access.

Can I find list of all user defined templates of different spaces in confluence ?

Is it possible to use or move template of one space to another space  ?

4 answers

0 votes
Amal - Seibert Solutions July 12, 2023

Hi there,

Is there still no possibility to get a list of all space templates?
Neither with SQL nor with REST API?

Shouldn't it be possible to get it from the DB?

I didn't verfy the SQLs yet, but I think they should work.

select * from spaces where PAGETEMPLATES is not NULL

select * from PAGETEMPLATES p, SPACES s

where p.PAGETEMPLATEID = s.PAGETEMPLATES

PAGETEMPLATESTEMPLATEIDCONTENT_LABELPAGETEMPLATEIDFK28KIFOKT21QD9GES0Q0WV0FB9PRIMARY_KEY_BC
PAGETEMPLATESTEMPLATEIDPAGETEMPLATESPREVVERFK4WGWY1DQCI8RCWAD4TNQBGLT8PRIMARY_KEY_BC
SPACESSPACEIDCONTENTSPACEIDFKLMWEU06NFT59G7MW1I1MYORYSPRIMARY_KEY_92
SPACESSPACEIDNOTIFICATIONSSPACEIDFKMQE1PHE52XWQC4HK4IB8P9EH6PRIMARY_KEY_92
SPACESSPACEIDPAGETEMPLATESSPACEIDFK18A1D37PVQ2O9HU5X3TPS97MXPRIMARY_KEY_92
SPACESSPACEIDSPACEPERMISSIONSSPACEIDFKBI3X723M8FBGOKO3S84F9ODDLPRIMARY_KEY_92

Best, 
Amal

0 votes
Sam Lucas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2022

Hi @Sushmitha & @Gaby ! I am a new PM for Confluence Templates! I am exploring template permissions, moving templates across spaces, etc. I'd enjoy a quick zoom call with each of you if you're interested an available to learn about your desired functionality and specific templates use cases! Please book a time with me! thx. 

0 votes
Gaby
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2022

I agree with Brant's statement.
We use the templates mainly from globally created templates (Administration - Settings - Global Templates and Blueprints).

With this, we have the overview of existing custom templates via the TEMPLATES button in the Confluence main menu row.

For a few areas, templates are explicitly set. In two cases we then copied and pasted the templates in 3 other areas. So no effort and due to the insignificance no need for a list.

But I would vote for a new feature with. Maybe it makes sense to give the custom templates the possibility to assign categories to them, which then allow conclusions to the respective area...?

Greeting - Gaby

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2022

@Sushmitha There is no way to do this in the delivered product and I do not know of any apps that provide this functionality.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events