How to filter the search with labels

Ayse Bulduk June 6, 2017

I need a search plugin, which only searches for Pages with a specific label.

In livesearch plugin it works fine, but only in the dropdown as livesearch. As soon as I klick ok, it shows all pages, without the filter.

The users can do it manually with labelText:xxx". However I need sthg to do it autmatically.

I hope someone could help me with the issue

1 answer

1 vote
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2017

Are you on Server or Cloud?

For Server, there is Canned Search for Confluence (although it's a bit expensive)

For Cloud, I'm considering adding this feature to the existing CQL Search addon.

Ayse Bulduk June 8, 2017

Server, but it's too expensive. Thanks for the answer.

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2017

Hi Ayse,

I spent some more time and thought I would write some small code to solve your issue. If you place this code in your custom HTML:

<script>
AJS.toInit(function() {
 $("form[name=livesearchForm]").each(function() {
  if ($(this).find("input[name=labels]").val()) {
   $(this).find("input[name=queryString]").on("keyup", function() {
    var input = $(this).val();
    var livesearchForm = $(this).parent().parent().parent();
    var label = livesearchForm.find("input[name=labels]").val();
    var spaceKey = livesearchForm.find("input[name=where]").val();
    var newLink = "/dosearchsite.action?cql=siteSearch+~+\"" + input + "\"+and+label+%3D+\"" + label + "\""
    if (spaceKey !== "conf_all") {
     newLink += "+and+space+%3D+" + spaceKey;
    }
    livesearchForm.attr("action", AJS.params.contextPath + newLink);
    setTimeout(function() {
     var moreLink = livesearchForm.prev().find("a.search-for");
     moreLink.attr("href", AJS.params.baseUrl + newLink);
    }, 500);
   });
  }
 });
});
</script>

then it will change the behavior of the livesearch macro so that it filters based on the label in the main search as well (and also takes the space filter into account, if set).

If you don't want this to be active on all pages, then you could put it inside a user macro (just add ## @noparams to the top) and then add that user macro to the pages with the livesearch macro.

Rodolfo So June 8, 2021

Hi @Stephen Deutsch ,

Can you provide screenshots for this configuration that you mentioned above? Appreciate your help on this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events